At the James Young High School, we consider that having an accessible complaints procedure is an essential part of providing a high quality of service to our students and the community.
Although we aim to provide the highest standards of education and support within the school, we realise that sometimes people can be dissatisfied with our service and will wish to let us know of their concerns.
We consider complaints to be an important source of information for improving our service for the future. We therefore welcome complaints and we will use the information to review and improve our school.
On receiving a complaint, we will
- Deal with matters quickly and fairly.
- Ensure that you are kept fully informed about how we are dealing with your complaint.
- Handle your complaint confidentially and only give people the information that is needed to carry out proper enquiries and make a response.
- Ensure that we explain the outcomes clearly to you.
- Make sure that you and your child are not disadvantaged if you make a complaint
Making a complaint
Most complaints can be resolved informally by discussion with staff at the school. If you think that this is the case, please contact the appropriate member of staff by telephoning 01506 414244. Alternatively, complaints can be made
Acting Head Teacher
The James Young High School
If you wish to make a complaint but would find it difficult to do so, please contact the school office and help will be provided.
We aim to acknowledge your complaint on the day of receipt and to respond within 5 working days. If we are unable to respond within that timescale we will let you know the reason for the delay and when a full response may be expected.