The James Young High School P7 Transition Conference takes place on Thursday 17th May 2018 from 9.30am – 2.30 pm.
The Conference will have a Health and Wellbeing theme focusing on four themes of mental, emotional, social and physical health
Aims of the day
1. To allow pupils to meet their new Personal Support class, begin to socialise and get to know new people
2. To enjoy a wide range of fun physical activities that will enhance all four aspects of their own Health and Wellbeing.
Activities on the day
There are several different activities throughout the day and each activity will provide the opportunity for each pupil to develop a range of skills:
1. Rugby and tennis: these will be OUTDOORS -Team work : leadership and communication skills
2. Handball INDOORS-Problem solving and thinking skills
3. Dance(Street dance and hip hop)-Group work, cooperating and creating skills
**Please note some of these activities are due to take place outdoors (weather permitting ) and pupil may get muddy and/or wet. A change of clothes may be advisable.
Please also note that lunch is NOT provided and pupils should bring a packed lunch with them.
Permission Forms and Medication
The P7 teacher will have organised the EE2 form for the event and any medication that a pupils needs should come with them.
We look forward to meeting our new pupils on Thursday 17th May.