The Sutton Trust oversees a number of FREE university summer schools across the UK every summer including one at the University of Edinburgh.
There are 120 places available, and any S5 pupil can apply. Priority will be given to those who meet some or all of the following criteria:
– will be the first generation in their family to attend university
– have achieved at least 5 National 5 passes at A or B, or equivalent
– are taking subjects related to the subject stream they are applying for
– come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher
education or high levels of socio economic deprivation
– are (or have been) looked after, accommodated or in care
Students will be able to study a combination of two subjects and will undertake a group research project. As well as academic sessions, students will also attend talks on topics such as applying to university and university life. The programme is residential and students will stay in student accommodation at Pollock Halls of Residence. There will be a number of social events as well as plenty of free time to explore Edinburgh. This is an amazing opportunity for pupils to get fantastic experience to help with their future university application.
And the best part: it is completely free to attend! All costs are covered by the University and the Sutton Trust – including travel to and from Edinburgh.
This is a fantastic opportunity and great experience to write about in university application.
Applications must be completed before 8th March.
You can find more information about our summer school go to https://summerschools.suttontrust.com/